WEAU 13 News broadcasts to 26 counties in western Wisconsin and southeastern Minnesota. We're an hour drive from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in a growing community with great schools and health care. WEAU is affiliated with NBC and produces 30 hours of news every week.
We're looking for a producer who wants to join a community-focused newsroom. This position is geared for someone who can learn quickly through on-the-job training.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts
- Search wire services, network feeds, websites and others sources to find relevant material for newscasts
- Write creative headlines and teases
- Work with directors and anchors on presentation of stories
- Build graphics and use effectively in shows
- Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
- Edit video for multiple platforms
- Manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
- Previous work or internship in journalism is preferred
- Solid news judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Someone who can identify great video and compelling sound bites
- Preferred knowledge of ENPS
- An ability to effectively multitask & prioritize tasks to meet several deadlines in the day
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- MVR and drug screening required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mn4j-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.