Fox Carolina is located in Greenville, South Carolina, consistently named one of the best small cites in the US. Our DMA (#38) includes Asheville, NC and offers a competitive news environment. Fox Carolina is emerging as the news leader, producing 9.5 hours of news each weekday. Our team of award-winning professionals thrive in a fast-paced, yet fun, environment.
Greenville has an amazing downtown scene, revolving around the Reedy River, five star restaurants and breweries, and miles and miles of walking trails. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Upstate and Western North Carolina offers lakes, mountains and historical landmarks are all within a short drive.
The Reporter/Multimedia Journalist researches, packages and brokers information about a news topic to the general public. This position develops, writes and reports daily news stories and events and presents information live or on tape. The Reporter / Multimedia Journalist coordinates with assignment desk and producers. This position shoots, writes and edits (non-linear) stories in the field, operates LiveU backpack (or equivalent) laptop editor and stays actively involved with station social media across all relevant digital platforms. Fox Carolina is looking for an experienced Reporter Multimedia Journalist.
Essential responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Pitching and researching enterprise stories daily
- Shooting, writing and editing content
- Ability to communicate complex issues and topics clearly
- Writing for broadcast and digital platforms
- Developing strong relationships with sources
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
- 2+ years experience in a working newsroom
- Experience with broadcast equipment used during the production of live or taped newscasts
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropyo1-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.