NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KSLA
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA NEWS 12 in Shreveport has an important broadcast news producer position to fill. The candidate must be able to work in a highly functioning, experienced, talented newsroom. Candidate must be an excellent writer for all multi-platform content. Creative, aggressive producer who can tell impactful stories and enhance our award winning team's enterprise content.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Must be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts.
- Strong skills working with social media, and gathering news worthy content from local agencies.
Must be able to think strategically from the producer chair daily, as well as motivate your team to execute your vision.
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred.
- 2 - 3 years of experience as a television producer.
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background.
- Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KSLA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq710-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.