NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KXII
Would you like to advance your career at an award-winning television station that leads the market in both news and programming? What we do at KXII matters, perhaps more than it ever has before. With an endless choice of sources, more people turn to KXII 12Media for local news, weather coverage and entertainment programming. We take pride in being the source most Texomans choose, whether watching television, reading online, following through social media, or consuming our content in any combination of these ways. Our employees contribute to that success on a daily basis. A dedicated group of experienced veterans and young professionals work hard morning, noon and night to serve our community by giving our customers the best quality content possible. We are where our community turns when severe weather threatens and when huge stories break. Regardless of their position, our employees take pride in that every day.
KXII-TV News 12 is seeking a news producer for our Sherman newsroom to produce and edit our top-rated local newscasts. This is a full-time, behind-the-scenes position working directly under the news director and anchors. You'll learn the ropes from an experienced, award-winning news team, and you'll help put together the market's top-rated newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Producing and editing local newscasts
- Strong news writing skills (broadcast and digital)
- Strong video editing skills
- Coordinating with reporters in the field and on live shots
- Operating the teleprompter
- Posting news stories online
- Updating station's social media platforms
- Answering news tip hotline
- Monitoring police scanner traffic
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate broadcast copy
- Knowledge of AP style
- Strong English language and spelling & grammar skills
- Competent video editor with knowledge of non-linear program(s) such as FinalCut, Premiere, Edius, etc.
- Able to work independently
- Flexibility in scheduling to respond to the changing news landscape
- A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience, is preferred
- Social media savvy
- Able to work as part of a team to achieve success
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
KXII-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4evpq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.