NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - WALA
WALA FOX10 News is a local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Gulf Coast. Located in Mobile, AL. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state of Alabama. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state. FOX10 takes pride in a winning culture and is committed to the community.
WALA Fox 10News is looking for a dynamic producer to join its award-winning news team. The successful candidate must have a great attitude, and desire to create memorable newscasts. You should value accuracy, be a strong writer and good communicator. You will search ENPS and multiple other sources for stories, including Fox & CNN. You must maintain strong working relationships with anchors, reporters, and other producers. The position requires you to have a flexible schedule and fill-in on other shows as needed, including some holidays.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts.
- Work with reporters and news managers to create unique, fast-paced newscasts.
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large.
- Collaborate with reporters and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases.
- Evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
- Make time-sensitive decisions.
- Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment.
- Follow journalistic and libel laws.
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
• Self-Starter; Inspired to perform without outside help
• Prior experience working in a newsroom is a plus
• Knowledge of ENPS newsroom system is a plus.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WALA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pxex-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.