WITN News has been Your Breaking News and Weather Authority for Eastern North Carolina for 65 years. We produce 43.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms. We're in the rapidly growing Greenville/New Bern/Washington DMA (100), with bureaus in New Bern and Jacksonville. We serve Beaufort, Bertie, Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Onslow, Pamlico, Pitt, Tyrell, and Washington counties. WITN is the dominant station in the market.
Eastern Carolina's #1 news station, WITN News, is seeking a dynamic newscast producer. Are you a born storyteller? We're looking for someone who lives for current events – who has excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer. We need a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories).
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Line produce live newscasts daily
• Select content
• Write scripts
• Edit video
• Coordinate with digital producers on cross-platform content
• Communicate with anchors, assignment desk, field crews, and others to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast
• Produce live breaking news and special event coverage
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Good writing skills
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• Experience producing with multiple live sources preferred
• Excellent writing, showcasing, time management skills required
• MVR check will be run
• Knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as content management systems and social media
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WITN-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4x11-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.