KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The News Producer creates, coordinates, and executes all newscasts. This position provides editorial and production direction to field crews regarding content, coordination and newscast execution.
The News Producer creates, coordinates, and executes all newscasts. This position provides editorial and production direction to field crews regarding content, coordination and newscast execution. In addition, the News Producer:
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Coordinates efforts of Anchors, Reporters, Editors and other staff toward crafting compelling newscasts.
• Develops day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the stations' newscasts.
• Focuses on writing and storytelling. Nothing is more important to our audience than telling a story that connects with them and informs them. A good producer is someone who excels at writing.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
• Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure.
• Ability and willingness to reprioritize quickly and efficiently to rapidly changing needs and situations.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bw8x-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.