NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KKTV
At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is located in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
KKTV News Producer will be producing, planning and managing news broadcast from start to finish. Producer must be able to produce solid, accurate, informative news stories in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Must be able to manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast.
- Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
- Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer.
- Contribute content to KKTV.com and other associated digital products.
- Contribute story ideas and content on a daily basis as well as special assignments and long range planning.
- Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts.
- Lead newscast meeting.
- Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming new broadcast.
- Review, edit and approve stories for broadcast submitted by news reporters with speed and accuracy.
To be successful in this position you must have a high level of production knowledge and experience. Extreme attention to detail and solid news judgment is a must. A successful candidate has knowledge of the various news gathering tools and libel laws. They must understand the importance of writing crisp teases to promote upcoming news broadcasts and stories as well as create electronic graphics in a professional and timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): 32K-40K (depending on experience)
The producer position is not an entry level position. Applicable college degree is required. However, experience may be substituted at the employer's discretion. Two years producing experience preferred but experience as a news reporter, assignment editor or other applicable journalism experience may be accepted.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5zxz-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.