NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KFVS
KFVS12 is the #1 local TV station serving as the CBS/CW/MeTV affiliate in the Cape Girardeau, Missouri/Paducah, Kentucky/Harrisburg, Illinois market. Founded in 1954, KFVS12 has a rich heritage of serving ''America's Heartland'' with the best local news and weather information, along with a legacy of community service and disaster relief. KFVS12 produces more local news than any other station in the market, currently offering 35.5 hours every week, along with special high profile, topical local news programming. Heartland News on KFVS12 consistently leads the competition in award winning journalism having been honored this year with numerous Missouri and Illinois Broadcasters' Awards as well as the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Regional Award for Overall Excellence
The Cape Girardeau market covers 45 counties in four states and is home to four division one universities. It is where the North meets the South and East meets West. The area is rich with many diverse communities, including historic river front towns, that offer a variety of unique benefits and recreational opportunities. It is also conveniently located for easy travel to St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville and Chicago.
The station has an exceptional staff that is committed to maintaining the legacy of the institution of KFVS. They are forward thinking with news coverage in on-air newscasts and 24/7 on numerous digital platforms, consistently leading the competition in digital traffic across the board. This provides exciting opportunities throughout the station including News, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and more.
KFVS is seeking a News Producer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is a leader; someone who has great news sense, intelligence and energy, plus a creative vision for what it takes to produce a solid newscast. The producer creates the newscast rundown, writes stories, builds graphics, coordinates with field crews, and communicates with all involved. This position provides editorial and production direction regarding content, coordination and newscast execution. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. Solid news judgment and ability to multi-task is essential. You should be calm under pressure. This position places heavy emphasis on web, mobile and social media. The ideal candidate would be social media and tech savvy. You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Must possess excellent communication and organizational abilities, including working with newsroom management to ensure story accuracy and presentation.
* Responsible for creating a unique approach to all digital elements for the newscast, including: Facebook, Twitter, OTT, website, etc.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Make regular beat checks
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned and attention to detail is required
* Become proficient adding breaking news and other stories to KFVS12.com and social media pages plus sending out breaking news alerts
*Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual story-telling ability
*Ability to make ethical journalism decisions
* Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and social media platforms
* Ability to lift 35-40 lbs. of gear
* Ability to develop content through social media and independent sources.
* Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth.
* Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
* Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
* Act as a team player while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment.
* Candidate must possess a clean driving record.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9pnw-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.