WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF - Live
WMBF News in Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for a full-time News Producer to help drive content for our award-winning newsroom. Successful candidate will be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment. We are looking for candidates with strong leadership & communication skills who can work well with anchors, LIVE reporters, and directors. Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts. Experience in both newscast writing and AP Style writing is preferred. Multi-tasking is key as you will be juggling many things at once.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* Develop and produce a newscast to include writing, story selection, showcasing, and editing
* Develop and produce content for our digital platforms
* Develop social media posts
* Contribute story ideas during daily editorial meetings
* A college degree in journalism, mass communication, or related field is required.
* Flexibility when it comes to day to day role in the newsroom.
* Ideal candidates will have at least one year of news producing experience.
* Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
* Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
* Ability to work long hours, weekends, holidays, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
* Experience with ENPS and non-linear editing software (EDIUS) is a plus.
* Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1w99-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.