We see the stories everywhere right now. People leaving the business. Stations cutting positions. People in newsrooms just trying to ''hold on.''
What if, instead of trying to keep our heads above water, we really look to build?
The right candidate for this position will work with an established team and look for the best ways to connect with the community, strengthen our presence over-the-air, online and in streaming and become the dominant news source in the area…we're looking for the right person to lead us there.
We're looking for a leader who can combine the vision and energy we need to do this along with the ability to build relationships in the newsroom, across the building and in the community.
There aren't too many chances like this one – a chance to build instead of stave off cuts, the chance to help create a brand, and the chance to grow our audiences on all possible screens. Make no mistake: this is going to be exciting and is truly that one – the job of a lifetime.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* …being an energetic leader who will lead a newsroom dedicated to the forthcoming brand.
* …recruiting & developing talent – in front of the camera and behind - with an investigative and relatable approach to storytelling.
* …thinking creatively in order to connect with the largest possible audience.
*…establishing an aggressive news content streaming plan.
* …collaborating with all station departments, media partners and community leaders.
* …sustaining and growing strong editorial judgement within the newsroom.
* …cultivating a positive and creative culture within the newsroom in order to establish the newsroom as a goal destination across the country!
* At least 5 or more years of newsroom leadership experience preferred.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r07vp6-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.