NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (W/END) KEYC
Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth.
Enjoy all four seasons in the booming Greater Mankato metropolitan area. The friendly, welcoming region is a happy mix of city and country living.
We broadcast more than 22 hours of local news, weather and sports each week and maintain the most highly visited social media sites in southern Minnesota.
KEYC is looking for a weekend anchor/multi-media journalist. We want someone who can connect with the community, understand quality storytelling and is able to gather their own content. The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under a deadline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and deliver compelling news content by reporting daily news stories using ENG Equipment
• Use ''Think like a viewer'' mindset in covering local news, what will a viewer find relevant
• Edit video blending natural sound with field interviews and reporter track
• Write clear, concise news copy that is balanced
• Shoot video using station's broadcast quality ENG Equipment
• Furnish a minimum of 3 story ideas on daily basis
• Use newsroom computer system to gather and write news stories
• Update station website and social media accounts throughout the day
• Adhere to station branding and promotion
• Adhere to safety rules and programs and assist in implementing new safety initiatives
• Other duties as requested by News Director and/or News Content Manager
• Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
• Driven to develop original news content
• Understands digital/social media platforms and strategy
• Produces content with urgency and immediacy
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
• Broadcast journalism experience, media-related bachelor's degree and clean driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qxjm-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.