WCJB TV20 ABC Affiliate - #1 rated legacy broadcast TV station located in beautiful North Central Florida (the Gainesville market) has a proud heritage and an energetic newsroom. WCJB TV20 is the market leader, with viewers relying on us for news, weather, and sports coverage from Your Local Station. Along with the market's strongest news ratings, and ever-expanding digital platforms, we deliver results for our advertisers. Gainesville is a sports town, and we cover our local high school sports teams with the same fervor we bring to our constant coverage of Florida Gator sports.
Although best known as the home of the University of Florida, Gainesville is also a medical hub with nationally recognized institutions including UF Health/Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center.
The select candidate is responsible for anchoring newscasts and working as a reporter/MMJ. The select candidate should be a newsroom leader and should help with story generation and reporting as needed. The candidate should thrive in breaking news situations and urgent/active delivery. This position requires a person who is digital savvy and can engage with viewers on-air and online. This candidate must be able to shoot, edit, and write solo, while still working in the collaborative environment of the newsroom. The select candidate must demonstrate flexibility in the newsroom and on-air, and present an energetic personality while delivering the news. The selected candidate must be a team player. The ideal candidate must be open to involvement.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Write news stories under deadline
- Present news in urgent & active manner
- Shoot, edit & write as MMJ
- Produce content for wcjb.com
- Follow strategic plan for newsroom
- Assist with producing newscasts as a ''command anchor.''
- Pitch story ideas in line with mission of newsroom
- Must have excellent people skills to deal with wide range of staff members and experience levels
- Must show ability to connect with the audience
- Minimum of 2 years reporting, 1 year of anchoring
- College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
- Leadership skills
- Exceptional news judgment
- Professional knowledge of news operations is required
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCJB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk766k-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.