WDTV (CBS), WVFX (FOX), EVFX (CW), AND EDTV (MeTV) combine to provide local news and weather to all of North Central West Virginia. CBS and FOX combine to carry a predominant number of games for the local favorite Pittsburgh Steelers and FOX's Big 12 affiliation brings us our treasured WVU football games. We are the largest TV source for local news and entertainment for our area. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, WDTV features a recently upgraded news studio and a news team dedicated to local news. We pride ourselves on breaking news and weather alerts, and digging deep into the issues affecting our communities. We're dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area's only live-streaming newscast.
WDTV is looking for a primary news anchor and storyteller. The successful candidate will anchor our 4 p.m. newscast Monday through Friday, as well as report, produce, and fill in on other shows as needed. Candidates must be energetic, driven, have solid news judgment, have strong reporting, and live skills. Candidates must be able to tell difficult stories and be creative – adapting to various news stories.
Responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
- Must have good news judgment and be able to use editorial judgment to determine the content and quality of newscasts
- Enterprise and pitch compelling and important news stories on a daily basis
- Write effectively for television and social media and digital platforms
- Fill in anchor/produce/report as necessary
- Possess great live reporting skills both in studio and in the field
- Interview news subjects and research topics and guests for facts and credibility
- A leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field.
- Candidate must also be aggressive and consistent with coverage online and with social media on all platforms.
- The candidate must turn special reports.
- He or she must be skilled to shoot & edit their own stories.
- Candidate must have reporting/broadcast experience including anchoring.
- Exceptional planning, developing story ideas and creative storytelling are a must.
- Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills.
- Candidate must be willing to work with young journalists.
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbe0vy-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.