If you are creative, smart, inquisitive, organized and passionate -- we have a great job waiting for you at KMOV in St. Louis -- the most watched station in all of Missouri and Southern Illinois.
KMOV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the country, a leader in Market #24, and known for its award winning news and weather coverage, numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions.
KMOV's Multimedia Journalist enterprises, researches, writes, shoots, edits and reports news oriented material for presentation live and on tape. The position collaborates with the Content Center, producers and managers on story development and story execution.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Content creation - coordinates story development with the producer and Content Center
- Reporting - reports on assigned stories live and on tape in a clear and concise manner
- News Gathering - develops ideas for stories, calls outside sources to gather facts for on-air and on-line reporting
- Production - prepares scripts, shoots and edits stories
- Ability to create and report memorable stories that resonate with KMOV's viewers
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
- Minimum two years experience as an MMJ or Reporter
- Experience with Edius, Avid, i-news, internet production tools, proficiency with MS Office
- Strong writing, editing, and shooting skills, along with good news gathering skills
- Strong on-air presence, must be a creative story-teller with strong live skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Self-starter with the ability to follow through on projects until completion
- Attention to detail, along with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver's license with good driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
KMOV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmoy0x-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.