WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume and reel to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy.
WCAX-TV has an immediate opening for a multi-media journalist to work for the number one station in the market. We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is passionate about reporting and storytelling.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, write, produce and present news stories daily live on television and for web and social media.
• Establish contacts and sources in the communities we serve.
• Participate in editorial meetings and contribute fresh ideas for newscasts.
• Cover daily and breaking news as assigned.
• Engage viewers through social media channels.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop contacts.
• Ability to react quickly and aggressively to breaking news.
• Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and a critical eye for details.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute within a strong team environment.
• Strong computer skills for research and contributions to digital platforms.
• Familiarity with latest social media trends and products.
• Ability to shoot and edit video.
• Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkzk1-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.