KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA NEWS 12 is seeking an outstanding individual for our MMJ position. Successful candidate must have the desire and ability to search for unique stories, write engaging content, and present demonstrative and engaging live shots during day-to-day and breaking news coverage. Applicant should have at least two years of multi-platform reporting experience.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop sources and present ideas daily that resonate with our audience and are in line with our strategy
• Write accurate and engaging scripts for broadcast, digital and social media
• Schedule, conduct and shoot interviews and edit video
• Respond to breaking news coverage
• Report live on digital/social media and during newscasts
• Use strong journalistic ethics, news judgment and decision-making in daily coverage
• Use digital and social media in the news gathering process and presentation
• Use strong organizational skills for efficient workflow
• Work independently and as a team
• Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years of multi-platform reporting, shooting and editing experience is preferred
• College degree in journalism or equivalent is required
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4znv7-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.