KCBD, NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. Our station is committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms producing and airing 26 hours of original local news and weather programming each week. Our digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement, and content. We invest in the latest news gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the tools, training, and opportunities for success in the ever changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
KCBD is looking for an aggressive Multi-Media Journalist with a desire to write, edit, shoot and present a variety of local news content on-air and on our multiple digital platforms and present them in a live environment. Qualified candidates must be able to thrive in an intense and fast paced environment, meet tight deadlines, and follow close direction while also thinking independently.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
* Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer.
* Produce multiple stories and/or multiple angles of a story in an 8 hour shift.
* Participate in daily editorial discussions and develop sources that result in lead stories.
* Create and publish content for our digital and social platforms.
* Four-year college degree
* At least one year newsroom experience preferred
* Strong writing skills (broadcast and print) and editorial judgment
* Ability to shoot and edit on deadline
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms
* Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r111ey-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.