In addition to producing 50 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast. WVLT is also Knoxville's proud sports leader featuring franchises such as the Masters, March Madness, the SEC game of the week, The NFL on CBS, Live high school games of the week throughout the season, and the High School playoffs and championship game, as well. As the flagship station for The Vol Network we also feature exclusivity on University of Tennessee coach's shows and various sports programming.
The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver daily content on a variety of platforms including, live TV, internet, social networking sites and mobile. Successful applicants must possess a terrific grasp of current events, strong organizational skills and the ability to shoot and edit your own video. You must also understand and embrace the importance of the multi-platform newsroom. Social media is an integral part of our interaction with viewers. You must be a dynamic reporter, pitch ''enterprise'' stories daily, be a great photographer and creative editor; a storyteller with smart news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently and with others, on deadline.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
- Edit video for broadcasts and the web
- Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• A minimum of three years reporting experience required including live shots and breaking news coverage. Ability to operate TVU preferred. Social media and web skills essential. A degree in journalism or related field required.
• Experience with live shots and breaking news coverage - mandatory. Ability to operate TVU preferred. Social media and web skills essential. A degree in journalism or related field and a minimum of two years reporting experience required.
Must have a good driving record. Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. Must be available to work all shifts. Knowledge of Sony cameras and Edius a plus. Capable of working under pressure and meeting daily deadlines in a high energy working environment. Good communications skills, and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5bzx-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.