In addition to producing 50 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast. WVLT is also Knoxville's proud sports leader featuring franchises such as the Masters, March Madness, the SEC game of the week, The NFL on CBS, Live high school games of the week throughout the season, and the High School playoffs and championship game, as well. As the flagship station for The Vol Network we also feature exclusivity on University of Tennessee coach's shows and various sports programming.
The ideal candidate must be able to report on and deliver daily news content on several platforms, including live TV, internet, digital streaming, social media, and mobile. Successful applicants must have a terrific grasp of current events, are innately curious about the community where they live, strong organizational skills and ability to shoot and edit your own video. You must embrace the importance of a multi-platform newsroom, and be a dynamic reporter, pitch enterprise stories daily, have smart news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently and with others on deadline.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
-Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
- Edit video for broadcasts and the web
- Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned.
• At least 2 years of experience in a television and/or digital newsroom. College degree preferred. - Writes, edits, shoots stories for on-air and digital platforms. - Understands TN laws regarding open records, recorded interviews, and courts. - Builds deep and credible sources across a variety of fields. We encourage anyone with experience in newspapers, digital/online outlets or radio to apply
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, and references
WVLT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8m3wk-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.