MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (ASSO) - KTVF
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV/MyNetwork affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF / KXDF is looking for a Multimedia Journalist with a passion for telling visual stories. We are looking for a journalist who is ready to immerse themselves in their community and find and report stories that impact our viewers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research, gather, write and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
• Report ''live'' on the scene, especially during breaking news
• Make regular beat checks
• Conduct interviews in the field and on-set
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Enterprise hard-news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines
• Post and update stories on the web, often remotely while traveling
• Provide news content for social media, including Facebook, and interact with viewers
• Possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
• Use knowledge of appropriate field lighting to enhance overall news presentation
• Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory live shorts
• Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelors in broadcast journalism desired. Must have valid drivers license.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbezox-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.