- Full Time
Job DescriptionMULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST - KXII (Ardmore)
Would you like to advance your career at an award-winning television station that leads the market in both news and programming? What we do at KXII matters, perhaps more than it ever has before. With an endless choice of sources, more people turn to KXII 12 Media for local news, weather coverage and entertainment programming. We take pride in being the source most Texomans choose, whether watching television, reading online, following through social media, or consuming our content in any combination of these ways. Our employees contribute to that success on a daily basis. A dedicated group of experienced veterans and young professionals work hard morning, noon and night to serve our community by giving our customers the best quality content possible. We are where our community turns when severe weather threatens and when huge stories break. Regardless of their position, our employees take pride in that every day.
KXII-TV News 12 is seeking a multimedia journalist to help bring the stories that matter to Texomans into their homes and onto our digital platforms from our Ardmore (OK) newsroom. This is a full-time, on-air news reporting position working directly under the news director and anchors with producers. You'll learn the ropes from an experienced, award-winning news team, and tell stories that air in the market's top-rated newscasts, as well as contribute your material onto our digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for daily newscasts, website and social platforms
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web
- Use social media sites, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
- Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all resources
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
- Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air. **MUST INCLUDE LINK TO DEMO REEL**
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
- A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, JVC ENG, Social Media.
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on a pre-employment motor vehicle background check.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references (include demo reel)
KXII-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpbn2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.