WSFA 12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 65 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama's most trusted source for news and weather information.
WSFA 12 News – LIVE, LOCAL, NOW - Alabama's News Source for central and south Alabama & dominant number one TV station in Montgomery, Alabama is looking for a morning and mid-day Anchor/Reporter. The Candidate will co-anchor a 2.5 hour newscast - Today In Alabama as well as a mid-day newscast - Alabama Live! - as well as a weekly franchise. We are consistently rated one of the strongest morning newscasts in the country. Candidates must be energetic, driven, have solid news judgment, have strong anchoring, adlibbing and live skills. Candidates must be able to tell difficult stories, participate in station sponsored events as well as being fun and energetic. Previous anchor experience is important!
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Candidate must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field.
- Candidate must also be aggressive and consistent with coverage online and with social media on all platforms.
- The candidate must have a DIGITAL FIRST mentality.
- Candidate must have at least 2-3 years of main anchoring experience.
- These skillsets must be demonstrated in past working experiences – contributing consistently on Facebook, twitter as well as Facebook LIVE and strong writing for the NEWS APP and website.
- Producing experience is welcomed. Exceptional planning, developing story ideas and creative storytelling are a must. You will work with a wonderful team of producers, so you must be engaged and work with the team.
- Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- 2+ years experience writing, producing, shooting and editing video content for newscasts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with video, camera equipment, Edius Editing, ENPS, Social Media
- Self motivated and highly organized
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8zoj-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.