WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station won 2 Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2020, including Investigative Reporting. Our news department produces 36 hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin is looking for an experienced Reporter/MMJ to join our news team. Ideally applicants should have a minimum of (1) year of experience. Our candidate must be a very strong journalist, positive leader inside and outside the newsroom and be a creative storyteller & writer.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Enterprising ideas for original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
- Able to shoot, write, edit and present stories in a live and/or recorded situation.
- Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
- Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
- Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
- Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
• At least 1 year working at a TV station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience with digital content management systems, shooting video, TVU backpacks/apps, and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm88em-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.