KPTV is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Portland, Oregon. Owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television, it is part of a duopoly with Vancouver, Washington-licensed MyNetworkTV affiliate KPDX.
Portland, Oregon's #1 news station, FOX 12, has an immediate opening for a MMJ/Reporter. The top candidate will be a dynamic, high-level storyteller who gathers news for broadcast, web and other platforms of the future.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Shoot, write, and edit stories
- Appear on-air and coordinate live shots
- Develop sources within the community to gain unique ''Only On'' insight and reports on important and impactful issues
- Pitch leadable and/or original story ideas daily
- Strong research skills, ability to employ critical thinking skills to dig and go ''beyond the press release'' and/or confirm incoming news tips via email or social media
- Work with a sense of immediacy and in a team while exhibiting sound news judgment and ethics
- Potential and drive to fill-in anchor, when needed
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience as a reporter/MMJ in a local newsroom
- Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, overnights as needed for breaking news and specialized coverage
- Must be able to carry 35+ pounds of gear and be experienced in shooting and editing unique content
- Good driving record
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KPTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free compan
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d255by-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.