WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and well as providing news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
The strongest MMJ/Reporter candidate is an engaging storyteller in the studio, in the field and on digital platforms. Applicant should be a team player and bring professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence, and personality in delivering, developing and producing content. Applicant should also have outstanding live and breaking news skills, superior editorial judgment, enterprise stories, communicate effectively with audience and staff.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ability to tell complicated stories with ''live ability'' required
* Must possess a strong understanding of daily newscast content and work in conjunction with producers to develop a dynamic product
* Strong initiative, attention to detail, and advanced ethical decision-making skills required
* Present information in a fair, unbiased manner,
* Develop story ideas to present including digital components in morning/afternoon news meeting. Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
* Deliver content on social media and web. Edit video and stories for broadcast
* Ability to anchor, report, go live, field anchor, and present onset debriefs when needed
* Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
* Must have the ability to post and edit stories multiply times throughout the day to web and social platforms
* Work contacts and establish self in beat counties and community
* Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5om6-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.