MMJ (BUREAU REPORTER) - WHSV
WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism by the Associated Press and Virginia Association of Broadcasters. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, DC and Richmond. We are the area's ABC, CBS and FOX affiliates.
WHSV-TV is accepting resumes for a full-time MMJ to work out of our Augusta County newsroom. We are looking for a Multimedia Journalist who digs, develops sources and embraces all aspects of the storytelling process - enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for newscasts and website.
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web.
- Use social media sites (i.e. Facebook and Twitter) to report stories and interact with viewers.
- Research, gather, & provide information in the most accurate, appealing, timely & creative way using all resources.
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments.
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way.
- Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques.
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear.
- Recognize that he/she is a high-profile representative of our news organization in the community and conduct himself/herself in a professional and cordial manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Excellent writing, storytelling, and editing skills.
- Solid news judgment.
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
- Work under pressure.
- Familiarity with all distribution platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Internet etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent is a plus.
- Valid Driver's License & Motor Vehicle Records check are required.
, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zo1q-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.