WSFA 12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 65 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama's most trusted source for news and weather information.
WSFA 12 News – LIVE, LOCAL, NOW - Alabama's News Source for central and south Alabama & dominant number one TV station in Montgomery, Alabama is looking for a Reporter/Anchor (MMJ). The successful candidate will report daily and co-anchor our hour long First at Four Newscast. Candidates must be energetic, driven, have solid news judgment, have strong reporting and live skills. Candidates must be able to tell difficult stories, possess an investigative edge and be creative – adapting to various news stories.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- He or she must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field.
- Candidate must also be aggressive and consistent with coverage online and with social media on all platforms.
- The candidate must have a DIGITAL FIRST mentality.
- He or she must be skilled to shoot & edit their own stories and employ digital first strategies. -
- Candidate must have at least 2-3 years of reporting experience.
- These skillsets must be demonstrated in past working experiences – contributing consistently on Facebook, twitter as well as Facebook LIVE and strong writing for the NEWS APP and website.
- Producing experience is welcomed. Exceptional planning, developing story ideas and creative storytelling are a must.
- Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills.
- There will be daily anchoring at 4:00pm as well as daily MMJ reporting Monday-Friday.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field
- 2+ years experience writing, producing, shooting and editing video content for newscasts
- Show ability to anchor and has filled in as an anchor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with video, camera equipment, Edius Editing, ENPS, Social Media
- Self motivated and highly organized
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy73qp-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.