KTIV, Siouxland's News Channel, is the award winning, dominate NBC affiliate located in Sioux City, Iowa and serves viewers in NW Iowa, NE Nebraska, and SE South Dakota. KTIV News 4 is a breaking news and weather station covering local, original stories in the tri-state area.
KTIV is looking for a meteorologist . As Meteorologist you will work with the News Director and other Meteorologists to set the direction of and provide feedback to the weather department. The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver a dynamic, compelling and understandable forecast for our newscasts and digital platforms. Accuracy is a must. You will cover severe weather with urgency, while also being reassuring. Our meteorologists must have the ability to work in a multi-platform environment and will contribute daily to our digital platforms, including social media and KTIV.com
Take part in promotional activities and public appearances. Ensure all weather content leads the market and meets KTIV standards for integrity and production value.
*** Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above ***
- Forecast weather conditions and produce/anchor weather reports on all platforms in a clear, engaging, and impactful manner
- Take ownership and execute our First Alert Weather
- Respond urgently to breaking and severe weather events on all platforms including broadcast, OTT, digital and social media
- Work collaboratively with a growing team of meteorologists
- Write and update detailed daily web stories
- Take part in promotional activities and public appearances
- Ensure all weather content leads the market and meets KTIV standards for integrity and production value
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
KTIV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5e31-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.