KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. Our station is committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms, producing and airing more than 50 hours of original local news and weather programming each week on television. Our 24/7 digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement and content. We invest in the latest news-gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the training, support, tools and opportunities for success in the ever-changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
Are you ready to cover everything from tornadoes and severe weather to snow and everything in between, on the longtime dominant station, KCBD NewsChannel 11? You'll have the tools, team, training, and support to win, succeed, and grow as a meteorologist at the decades-long top-rated station for weather and news.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a team player
- Prepare and deliver forecasts on-air and on digital platforms
- Cover severe weather as it happens, on TV and on digital
- Observe storms in the field, as scheduled
- Be available March through June for severe weather season
- Deliver live reports from various community events
- Empathy for others. A team-builder, with a dedication to collaboration and getting it right
- Degree or certificate in meteorology or related science
- Seal of approval from AMS or NWA preferred
- Proven track record of analyzing and covering severe weather, delivering daily forecasts, and understanding the demands of a TV newsroom
- Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to represent the station professionally in the community and newsroom
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KCBD-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re90m8-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.