METEOROLOGIST (W/END/WEEKDAYS) - WTVM
WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. The DMA stretches across the state line into portions of east Alabama and Auburn University. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and provide news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
WTVM-TV is searching for an enthusiastic, skilled, meteorologist for our top-ranked weekend and weekday newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities (but not be limited to):
- Analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our viewing area.
- Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences.
- Accurately forecast and track severe weather.
- Communicate with news staff to inform editorial decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field
- Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have scheduling flexibility
Come join our dynamic sales team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WTVM-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpqq40-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.