A job at our station is a learning experience unlike any you'll find in a classroom. Daily hands-on involvement of senior staff guarantees a good product that not only serves our viewer, but will take our team members to the next level. With over 36 hours of news on our channels each week, KFYR-TV is truly Western North Dakota's news leaders. Our viewers have come to depend on our news team to be quick, and fair and accurate…from the first tweet and post, to the nightly wrap-up and anchor explainer, you'll get all the news. Take a look at what KFYR has to offer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlyhdFmbgI&list=PLqEoItFBZqWQtRY2pieY95iJx7XPmYopH&index=1
KFYR TV in Bismarck, ND is looking for an aggressive Investigative Reporter to join its award winning investigative team in Bismarck, ND. The experienced reporter must be a passionate self-starter who is unafraid to ask tough questions and has the ability to turn investigations that are relevant and newsworthy. We're looking for a reporter who is ready to take their career to the next level. The winning candidate will be determined to uncover stories, hold officials accountable and get results for those without a voice.
Work with investigative committee made up of station and news department management and specialists to sustain and grow KFYR TV investigative brand through highly promoted weekly stories and follow-ups.
*** Please note, the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above ***
- Ability to collaborate with a with a team to produce results based on research driven priorities.
- Ability to write and edit compelling stories
- Ability to Enterprise investigative stories
- Ability to write FOIA requests, read and/or analyze data and follow up on requests to local and state agencies (with assistance from investigative producer)
- Curious to dig into complex or important local issues
- Develop sources within the community and political circle to understand and identify important issues
- Develop and create additional graphics for on-air and digital content to provide additional information for social media platforms
- Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
- Always present a professional image as a representative of Gray Television
- Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-req477-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.