KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
KTUU - Anchorage, AK - What it's like to work for KTUU
Link - https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.13789296.694555378.1612226017-281755813.1598908755
Alaska's News Source is looking for an aggressive Investigative Reporter/Producer to lead our investigative team in Anchorage, Alaska. This experienced reporter must be a proven leader and passionate self-starter who can is unafraid to ask tough questions. We're looking for an experienced investigative reporter who is ready to take their career to the next level. Our top candidate will be a journalist who is determined to uncover stories, hold officials accountable, shine a spotlight on injustice and get results for those without a voice.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Ability to lead a team of journalists to produce results based on research-driven priorities
• Ability to pitch, write and edit compelling stories
• Ability to enterprise investigative stories
• Ability to present stories on-air and across the station's digital platforms using a variety of formats, including video, audio, graphics and other creative storytelling elements
• Ability to write FOIA requests, read and/or analyze data and follow up on requests to local and state agencies
• Dig into complex or important local issues
• Develop sources within the community and political circles to understand and identify important issues in our statewide community
• Develop and create graphics and multimedia content for broadcast, digital and social media platforms
• Always present a professional image as a representative of Alaska's News Source and Gray Television
• Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long-range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere
• Willingness to work as a multimedia journalist, as needed, to shoot and edit stories for air
• 5+ years newsroom/reporter experience. This is not an entry level position
• College degree is required. Journalism or related field is preferred.
• Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overnight, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed or assigned
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Must have the desire to be at work during big breaking news, elections and special events
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk5x4-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.