WKYT-TV is home to the CBS and CW affiliates in beautiful Lexington, KY. The station sits amongst picturesque horse farms in the Thoroughbred Capital of the World.
The Lexington DMA provides a competitive news environment and WKYT has emerged as the news leader, producing over 10.5 hours of news per day. Our team of award-winning professionals thrive in a fast-paced, yet fun, environment.
Lexington is home to a thriving downtown scene, phenomenal restaurants and breweries, and, of course, Keeneland Race Course, the most beautiful horse track you'll ever visit. For outdoor enthusiasts, Red River Gorge and the Appalachian Mountains are calling your name. And in the summers, Lake Cumberland is just a short drive south to get your boating fix.
Lexington is home the University of Kentucky, where basketball is a way of life! Once you see a game at historic Rupp Arena, your life will never be the same!
WKYT in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a dynamic executive producer for its award-winning news department. We're proud to be the winner of this year's regional Edward R. Murrow Awards for overall excellence, best newscast, and excellence in innovation. We have all the tools for success: an outstanding, dedicated team in front of the camera and behind the scenes; live capabilities with multiple live trucks and TVUs; the market's first investigative team; and access to a drone for enhancing coverage.
Help lead our team of producers to create and showcase on-air content utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with other news managers, assignment editors, and weather and sports and weather departments in determining content needs and how to most effectively deliver on those needs
- Enhance and empower others to make content stronger with graphics, research, and station branding
- Writing clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Lead the creation of significant, original, locally-focused stories for WKYT's digital platforms
- Ensure engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms that draws viewers to our digital platforms
• The successful applicant's background must include, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. He/she must be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82np9-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.