WLUC has been a fixture in Upper Michigan for 66 years, known as Upper Michigan's Source. The NBC affiliate is the dominant number one station in the market. The growing FOX affiliate is the second-place station in the five-station market. The TV6 website and Facebook page are the top source for local news in Upper Michigan.
WLUC is in Upper Michigan. We're located in a recreational paradise. Winter, summer, spring or fall, if you enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you. Ten minutes from anywhere, you'll find a trail, river, lake or event to capture your desire. The small town setting is peaceful and safe, but still has the big city entertainment and dining experiences. But it's the people of Upper Michigan that make this area stand out. They're friendly, helpful, honest and fun.
For more on WLUC, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_1J4EjFZk
WLUC-TV6 is looking for a co-anchor for our 6:00 & 7:00 p.m. shows. If you want to be a leader in a strong newsroom and a great community, this may be the opportunity for you.
Our anchors also have a hand in producing and do some special in-depth reporting on occasion.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Writing for on-air and on-line
• Conversational writing
• Knowledge of videography
• Knowledge of video editing
• Must meet deadlines and be able to multi-task
• Great attitude and enjoy working with others
• Strong work ethic
• Enjoy talking with people
• Social Media involvement and knowledge
• Professional appearance
• A command of the English language, spelling and grammar are required
• Personal appearances in the community and station functions is an important part of the job
• Ability to critique others work and act as a mentor
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
WLUC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmob13-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.