- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionEVENING ANCHOR (PRIMARY) - KOLN
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area's dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every day part. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
1011NOW is looking for a proven newsroom leader and ratings driver to anchor the market-leading weekday evening newscasts. We're looking for someone with a proven ability to engage an audience, and convey news in an effective and relateable way.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor our market-leading Monday-Friday evening newscasts at 5, 6, and 10pm
• Exercise a strong news judgment, research complicated stories, and determine the content and quality of newscasts
• Act as a supervising producer during the late newscasts
• Read/copy edit news scripts before each show
• Be a digital-first journalist, posting compelling content to social media and station digital platforms
• Be involved in the community, emceeing events and making public appearances as requested by the station
• Be ready to report/field anchor when major breaking news happens
• Report and produce regular franchise stories
• 3 years of professional newsroom and on-air experience preferred
• Anchoring, producing, and reporting experience
• An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
• Ability to enterprise and produce compelling content from start to finish
• Ability to use exceptional news judgment to prioritize tasks and assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively with newsroom managers, producers and co-workers
• Must be an excellent writer
• Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues; College Degree required
• Ability to meet daily news deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Ability to shoot and edit news stories
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb732e-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.