WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. The DMA stretches across the state line into portions of east Alabama and Auburn University. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and provide news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
The Digital Producer/Reporter gathers, writes, reports, and edits news stories for all digital platforms. Appearances on television and digital platforms/social media as a reporter should be expected.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and conduct interviews at the Digital Desk.
- Gather and write content for Digital Desk livestreams and interviews, as well present the content on livestreams.
- Communicate evolving information one a livestream during breaking news.
- Edit video for multiple platforms.
- Operate the Digital Desk switcher and audio board when necessary.
- Create livestreams for, clip and publish Digital Desk events through our CMS.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or related field
- Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have scheduling flexibility
, upload your resume, cover letter and references
WTVM-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61ww8-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.