Digital Meteorologist / Traffic Anchor - Wbtv
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the ''most trustworthy source of news and information'' in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being ''On Your Side'' for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
Charlotte's certified Most Accurate First Alert Weather Team needs a lead digital meteorologist and traffic anchor who can engage audiences on all platforms with accurate, compelling weather and traffic reports. The primary areas of responsibility for this a hybrid role will be anchoring First Alert Traffic during the Emmy Award-winning WBTV News This Morning, and working with the digital and weather teams to develop and execute a comprehensive multiplatform strategy focused on growing WBTV's First Alert Weather brand across digital, social, and streaming platforms.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchor WBTV First Alert Traffic on WBTV News This Morning M-F
- Lead or assist with every aspect of broadcast meteorology including forecasting and preparing graphics, reporting in the field, providing accurate, compelling severe weather coverage
- Fill-in on-air as assigned
- Create daily digital plan and communicate to weather and digital teams
- Create weather content for digital, social and streaming platforms daily
- Build out multiplatform digital plan for special weather events (severe weather, community events, etc.)
- Weather/ traffic reporting in the field and in WBTV's Storm 3 weather vehicle
- 4-year degree in meteorology with additional AMS certifications preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience required
- Experience with The Weather Company (formerly WSI) system preferred
- Robust social media presence with demonstrated knowledge of established and emerging digital and social media platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3zzz-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.