KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc. Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serve all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
KOLD News 13 is looking for a creative, aggressive, and attentive digital journalist to join our award-winning news team. The candidate must be able to work in a highly functioning, experienced, talented newsroom. Must have experience with non-linear equipment and have an ability to function in a deadline-driven environment. This person will produce engaging content for our digital and social platforms. The ideal candidate has a knack for news and speaks the social media language. This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them!
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Writes AP-style news stories daily for digital platforms
• Sends breaking news and trending push alerts
• Ensures factual, grammatical, and legal accuracy online and upholds the station's established journalistic standards to avoid editorial bias
• Coaches and collaborates with reporting staff to take advantage of the presentation of their stories on website and on social media
• Has knowledge of and uses effective SEO practices
• Regularly reviews web metrics and adjusts content to optimize the display of the site to viewer interests
• Communicates effectively with producers to incorporate web and social elements into newscasts
• Posts engaging content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Creates memes, videos, and graphics for social engagement
• Utilizes analytics to track trends and in making daily decisions
• Live-streams events
• Plans and builds special site sections and features that highlight coverage, link platforms and encourage user engagement
• Edits video using non-linear software; knowledge of Edius preferred
• Strong verbal/written communications skills and knowledge of AP Style required
• Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people required
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities required
• Ability to balance the demands of both long and short-term projects while meeting daily deadlines required
• College degree in journalism preferred
• Solid understanding of social media and analytics preferred
• 1-2 years of newsroom and digital content-producing experience preferred
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and be on call required
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1xv1m-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.