WHSV is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia situated in the Shenandoah Valley. We have been consistently honored for our journalism by the Associated Press and Virginia Association of Broadcasters. Our team produces nearly 30 hours of local news each week. We strive to bring our viewers the best content on all platforms. Harrisonburg is a thriving community located two hours from Washington, DC and Richmond. We operate the market's ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX affiliates.
WHSV- Harrisonburg, VA
WHSV is searching for our next Digital Content Producer. If you have a passion for all-things digital and are a ''news junkie'', we want to hear from you! This is a Monday-Friday position in our newsroom. Your day will begin by briefing the team on the highest performing digital posts and web content from the prior day. From there, you are responsible for creating and updating content on all our digital platforms (web, app, social media) throughout the day. This includes sending push alerts and setting up live streams during breaking news. This position requires you to oversee social efforts in the newsroom ensuring that all relevant platforms are getting the appropriate attention. You will be the station-level expert on all digital systems that are used in the Gray workflow and a proponent
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Must proofread and edit reporter content for digital platforms
- Oversee copyright policies for digital news product; responsibilities include gathering images and video from copyright-approved vendors
- Post accurate, fair and balanced content to our website WHSV.com; our app; social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Send push alerts on our app
- Coordinate breaking news coverage with news director, producers, production team
- Communicate with producers, reporters, anchors about news you see on-line so we can get news not only on digital, but broadcast
- A Broadcast Communications/Journalism degree
- Strong editing skills and a concise, journalistic writing style as well as the ability to respond swiftly to breaking news and unfolding events are a must
- While primarily a weekday shift, must be willing to work all shifts especially during times of breaking news
- Must be a self-motivator, able to meet tight deadlines.
- Having strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST!
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates good news judgment and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude and work environment
- Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings search for station call letters and attach your resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3vm1-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.