Producer / MMJ
Digital Content Producer / Editor - Kold
KOLD News 13 is Tucson's most watched television station. We are the largest television newsroom serving Tucson and southern Arizona by providing Live, Local, Late-Breaking news coverage 24/7. The spirit of innovation is key to our growth as a market leader in news.
The news department also produces various newscasts for the TEGNA Fox affiliate KMSB through an SSA agreement.
The Tucson metro area is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas with over one million residents. Our 340+ days of sunshine makes it an ideal destination for outdoor activities.
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Content Producer and Editor.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn multiple skills, whether it be to edit video for our broadcasts, or write a story and edit video for our digital and social platforms.
Candidates need to have strong writing skills with excellent news judgment. When editing, we're looking for someone who will help make sure the video we air matches the scripts. The ideal candidate will also make calls and work as a news gatherer, confirming and relaying information to the newsroom.
The successful candidate must have strong initiative, creative, detail-oriented, team player, and perform well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must also be flexible and willing to work overnights, holidays, weekends or overtime hours as needed.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Ability to properly use social media as a news-gathering tool
- Write and post stories for all digital and social media platforms
- Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
- Work well with others
- Edit videos with Edius software
- Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
- Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Excel) and newsroom editing (Edius)
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
- Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
- Previous experience working/interning in a television newsroom required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93j39-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.