The Benefits Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that all employees receive and understand their benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans and other benefit plan offerings through Gray Television. The Benefits Specialist serves as a liaison between employees and management, providing guidance and support on all benefits-related matters.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollment in the HRIS and benefits enrollment systems to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Educates employees about available benefits options and provides guidance on plan selections.
• Prepares and distributes communication materials related to benefits changes, updates, and deadlines.
• Administers the benefits inbox, including, but is not limited to, assisting employees with benefits-related inquiries and concerns, responding and providing resolution on benefit claim issues and disputes, and any other benefit-related inquiries from managers and employees.
• Collaborates with benefit plan providers and insurance carriers to resolve employee issues and ensures seamless plan operation.
• Coordinates and assists with the annual benefits open enrollment season.
• Reconciles all benefits plan elections to ensure accuracy of benefit payroll deductions.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations governing employee benefits.
• Completes other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (PHR, CP-HR) is a plus
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to employee benefits
• Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency in benefits administration software (BSwift) and HRM software (UKG)
• Typically, 5-10 years of experience in benefits administration or related HR role is preferred
Qualified applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UKG self-service portal)
Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxbpzj-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.