CONTENT SPECIALIST/ASSIGNMENT EDITOR (W/DAYS) - WBTV
WBTV is located in the heart of the Queen City, just west of Uptown. As a community leader for over 70 years, WBTV prides itself on putting our viewers first. Being ''On Your Side'' is more than just a slogan, but a culture that permeates throughout the station, and is truly felt by citizens of the Charlotte DMA. The city of Charlotte is home to the NFL's Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA, and has countless museums, and world-class restaurants to fill your off-days with fun, culture, and so much more! Visit wbtv.com fore more information.
WBTV is looking for an aggressive, experienced news content specialist. This person serves works in the newsroom on the assignment desk. The right candidate has solid news judgment and can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. The news content specialist must be the calm in the chaos while evaluating resources, making good decisions, and communicating clearly and effectively under deadline.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Coordinate planning and execution of coverage plan across multiple platforms
- Managing logistics and resources
- Newsgathering (including developing story ideas, confirming information, breaking news coverage)
- Creating and publishing content to digital and social media platforms
- Monitoring scanners and social media
- Communicating with broadcast and digital producers, field crews
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent time management
- News judgment
- Working understanding of social media platforms
- Basic newsgathering
- Basic knowledge of video and still photography and editing a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field is preferred, equivalent experience considered
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
WBTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jkoz-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.