WDAM is the #1 station in the Hattiesburg-Laurel DMA. We are dominant on broadcast and digital and produce news on WDAM NBC and WDAM ABC. Hattiesburg-Laurel is market 167 and we reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is less than two hours driving distance to New Orleans, Mobile and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
WDAM is looking for a strong writer with good news judgment who can create compelling newscasts. The successful candidate is a strong communicator who will write scripts and edit videos to match them. Time management skills and attention to detail are a must. The successful candidate will look for opportunities for professional growth and development.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Line produce one hour of live newscasts five days a week
- Select story content and write scripts for broadcast and digital platforms
- Edit video and sound
- Communicate with anchors, assignment desk, field crews, editors, and managers to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast
- Produce live breaking news
- Fill in on other shifts as needed
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred, equivalent experience considered
- Excellent writing skills
- Must exhibit an understanding of broadcast, digital, social, and streaming platforms in a local
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WDAM-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g616k9-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.