ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (P/T) - WMTV
We work hard and take pride in getting it right. WMTV was honored as ''News Operation of the Year'' three years in a row by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association (2019, 2020 and 2021). We were also a finalist for the NAB Leadership Foundation's 2021 and 2022 Service to America Award. Madison is consistently named one of the best places to live in America-- it's a great place to live, work and play! We are just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul.
WMTV NBC15 in Madison, Wisconsin, has an immediate opening for a part-time, associate producer. This is an entry-level position and a rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market.
Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage, editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including NBC15.com and our social media platforms. You may also be tapped to research story ideas for special projects/investigative reports and co-produce/edit podcasts.
*** Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above ***
* This is a part-time position capped at 28 hours a week.
* Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
* The ideal candidate will have completed or be working towards a degree in Journalism or Communications or another related field.
* A previous internship or related experience in journalism is a plus.
* Must have a responsible social media presence.
* Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb6m5y-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.