ASSISTANT NEWS SPECIALIST (P/T) - WVUE
WVUE FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. FOX 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week. With a station based in Mid-City New Orleans, WVUE employees work, live and play in one of the nation's most vibrant and unique cities.
WVUE, a FOX affiliate in New Orleans is looking for a part-time Assistant News Specialist. This is an entry level position with an opportunity for further advancement.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Candidate will write for all FOX 8 platforms, including broadcast and digital.
- Perform traditional production assistant duties, such as operating teleprompter and graphics for live newscasts.
- Candidate will also help answer phones in the newsroom as well as another other necessary assignement desk duties
-Must work well under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
- 1 year experience with television broadcasting and/or College Degree in broadcast-related field preferred.
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in New Orleans
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3084-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.