WITN News has been Your Breaking News and Weather Authority for Eastern North Carolina for 65 years. We produce 38.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms. We're in the rapidly growing Greenville/New Bern/Washington DMA (100), with bureaus in New Bern and Jacksonville. We serve Beaufort, Bertie, Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Onslow, Pamlico, Pitt, Tyrell, and Washington counties. WITN is the dominant station in the market.
Eastern Carolina's #1 news station, WITN News, is seeking a dynamic journalist for the role of anchor/producer. Are you a born storyteller? We're looking for someone who lives for current events – who enterprises hard news lead stories and consumes television news. The ideal candidate has a knack for communication, a passion for storytelling, and speaks the social media language. This position is for someone who loves finding great stories, showcasing them, and then telling them on air! The successful candidate must be organized, driven, creative, and an active content creator. We are looking for a top-notch journalist who loves attacking breaking news and embraces a culture of urgency. Candidates must be able to learn and retain knowledge on complex processes and be able to manage their time to work successfully.
Your primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Selecting and producing stories that matter to viewers
• Writing scripts, building graphics, and editing video that helps you tell a complete and effective story
• Working with the meteorologist and production staff to cover the day's top news and weather stories
• Anchoring the show
• Monitoring and posting to digital platforms as news develops
• Responding urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• Working under strict deadline pressure
• Good writing and video editing skills
• Good communication skills
• Solid news judgment
• A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• Knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as content management systems and social media
• You MUST provide a link to your resume reel
• Pre-employment drug screen, MVR check will be run
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius, TVU, Arc a plus
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yxme-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.