KY3 and KSPR are part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country, while KSPR is an up-and-coming ABC station. KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
The Sales Account Executive will assist in identifying key accounts for developing new business, and must have a keen sense of the market. Must be able to forecast accurately and maintain excellent client relationships.
Candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines.
• Responsible for the negotiation of rates with local clients.
• Service existing accounts and create special sales opportunities specific to each client.
• Assist in the production of client's needs and act as a liaison with all departments.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Willing to learn all research and utilize in client proposals effectively.
• Prospect new accounts and create sales opportunities specific to each new client.
• Ability to get along with others and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
• Some negotiation skills are required.
• Ability to communicate effectively is required.
• Must represent the station with professionalism and integrity.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
• Television and digital sales experience preferred.
• Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint experience is preferred.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
KYTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g66y20-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.