WMTV is the NBC affiliate and Gray Television-owned station serving south central Wisconsin. We are the #1 station-leading the market in news and weather coverage. We're recognized for sharing information with accuracy and immediacy on our digital platforms. WMTV was recently named ''News Operation of the Year'' by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for coverage airing in 2019. WMTV is located in Madison, just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are an award-winning team and work in a state-of-the-art facility that provides employees the best technology and one of the best newsrooms in the nation. Madison is the capital city of Wisconsin and home to the Big 10's University of Wisconsin – Madison. Madison is consistently voted one of the best places in the country to live.
WMTV- Madison, WI - https://youtu.be/p-5kLaQWyBw
Are you a high-energy creative individual that likes working with people? WMTV is seeking an energetic media salesperson with the primary responsibility of growing advertising revenue with existing accounts and through new business development on all WMTV properties including NBC, CW, nbc15.com and other digital offerings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Develop new business and deliver advertising results for clients
• Identify and present marketing solutions to variety of local businesses in a variety of fields
• Prospect for new accounts – make cold calls to secure needs analysis meetings and peak businesses interest with all the exciting programs and products we have to offer
• Research accounts and the marketplace on a consistent basis.
• Work with Creative Services on commercial production, Traffic department on advertising copy traffic, Finance department on invoicing, discrepancies, collection issues
• Personable with excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Effectively manage time and resources
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Detail Oriented with a strong work ethic and follow through
• Understanding of core marketing principles
• Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• Valid drivers license with driving requirements
• We offer a comprehensive training for new Account Executives, medical/dental, 401(k), vacation, retirement, and other benefits. Our commission structure will allow you to grow without limits.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx4pe-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.