Director, Insights - Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
Vice President, Events (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Vice President of Events who will manage all FX internal and external network events and projects. This includes managing all elements of event production for FX premieres, FYC events, finales, and landmark celebrations, inclusive of budget, vendors, and Disney security. This position works closely with various teams in support of FX original programming and its talent to raise and maintain FX's stellar reputation as a creative, quality leader in television.
• Plan and be responsible for all FX events. This requires oversight of all planning, logistical and creative aspects. Based on the type of event, the VP will present and discuss event concepts with stakeholder leaders, e.g. Current Programming, Media and Talent Relations, etc.
• Ability to execute a unique vision for each event – a creative and visual eye for detail is as critical as the ability to create and stay on-budget.
• Manage all FX staff and event-related needs on site, including but not limited to creating and managing invitation/rsvps, red carpet details, staff assignments, tech check, food and beverage, etc.
• Manage event production needs for external event participation, conferences, festivals, and conventions (eg. Upfront, TCA, and Comic Con).
• Be on-site at all events and ensure security and staffing are ample and briefed.
• Create and consistently maintain event budgets and review all invoices to ensure they are accurate, adhere to policy and are processed precisely to the correct billing area and EA.
• Cultivate, maintain and grow vendor relationships.
• Constantly have a keen eye for event trends and new activations that would enhance FX events and our brand.
• 12+ years' experience in event production or event management with a minimum 4 years' experience in a leadership or management role.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage budgets and assess costs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Photoshop.
• Highly organized, professional, motivated, and extremely detail-oriented with strong prioritization skills. Candidate should have their own developed event checklist, contacts, methods for tracking details, and the ability to create useful and efficient tools for event planning and execution.
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned multi-tasker who works effectively and efficiently under pressure. This includes a high degree of flexibility and ability to pivot with changing priorities, deadlines, and daily time constraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3870-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes.